Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Who Is Your Crush?

I have a crush....Well my husband calls it an "obsession". I call it a minor infatuation.

See, it all started when all that hype about Twilight came about. I refused to watch the movie. I am soooo not one to give into media hype. Or so I thought. But everywhere I turned, there he was...Edward Cullen. His steel eyes gazing out from every poster,book and magazine cover. But still I held strong. I was NOT going to fall into the trap that so many others had. Edward Cullen had no power over me.

Then I started to crack. All of my friends were talking about the book. All the girls were drooling over Edward. Vampires were the new "in" thing...but I still held strong. Giving Edward the cold shoulder.

Then I broke. What's the harm? I asked myself...it's just a book. Surely one book does not have that much power over me....


I finished Twilight in 2 days, and the next book in a single sitting. I found myself wishing someone would talk to me like Edward talked to Bella. When I read and re-read the words he said to her, my heart skipped a beat.
I swore that I would not be one of "those Twilight" people...but truth is...Edward had me at hello.
And the sad truth is...I have a crush.
On a Vampire.
At least my husband is safe.....


Thanks to MamaKat for sponsoring the Writers Workshop


5 comments:

  1. Wow, in 2 days?? and then in one sitting?? It must be good! I may be the only person on the planet that's not reading Twilight... but the way you make it sound - I may try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Twilight is just that good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to go anywhere near Twilight because I have a feeling I would succumb too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it yet. And I feel like I am the only person on the planey who hasn't! I think he sounds like a great crush though : )

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8