Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fast As Fast Can Be They Will Never Catch Me

My kids are the pickiest eaters...ever. My oldest will have a meltdown to end all meltdowns if I even so much as mention making mashed potates for dinner. And put them on his plate? I may have well just kill Spongebob.

My younger two are not as bad, but they are still picky. So, being that no fruits or veggies rarely cross their lips, I have learned that I have to be sneaky (hey it works with my picky eater husband too!!)

When I make meatloaf, I chop up onions, carrots, and celery really fine and mix it in the meat mixture. I do it with burgers as well.

I offer a veggie at every meal, and they have to take a "no thank you bite"

I keep mainly fruits on hand for snacks. Apples, Bannanas and Fruit Snacks with 100% fruit juice.

When I am grocery shopping I let my kids decide what fruits they want me to buy that week. If they pick it out then they usually will eat it.

Adding things like peanut butter or cream cheese is always a sure way to keep them eating their fruits and veggies.

And then there are days, that they just sit there at the table, with a defeated look on their faces because mommy is making them eat their veggies.

What a horrible mom I am!!

Thanks to Twittermoms and Horizion Little Blends for hosting this contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8