Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am such a procrastinator....

14 more days and we will be loading up the cars and moving van and heading across town to our new digs. We signed the papers this morning. We get the keys on the 27th.

I am excited. Really I am. So why is it that I have but one or 2 boxes packed?

Yes, I am a procrastinator. But I think it is so much more then that. Part of me is scared.

A few years back, we made a mistake and lost our home. It was, by far, one of the most defining moments in my life to date. We ended up having to rent a townhome. It was small. Had no yard. And we ended up having to endure 2 years of hell with our landlord(s). But it was a humbling experience at best.

We didn't respect the responsibilty that came with owning a house. We didn't appreciate what we had. Until it was gone.

We have tried, numerous times, over the last few years to find another home. But have been met with "no" at every turn.

Then we found this house. And for once, the no's turned into yes's.

We are getting a second chance at being homeowners. We are getting a second chance to prove that we do appreciate what having a house means.

But I am scared. I seen how quickly one could loose a house. I don't want to go through that again.

I am scared, because it is an awsome responsiblity to have a house. Its been two years. Are we ready for that?

But mainly....

I just don't want to pack. :-)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. We are still staying here in town, we are moving from our townhome (we have HORRIBLE landlords) to a house finally

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8