Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts....

Straight from my mind to you...unedited!

I love the fact I am able to be a stay at home mom, really. I love being here for my kids when they are sick or hurt, or just need an extra hug. I like being able to take them out to play on the nice days. I like being here...for the most part. Since becoming a SAH/WAHM my dear dear husband has decided that it means he no longer has to do laundry (though I prefer it if he doesnt lol) load or unload the dishwasher,vacuum, or any of the other "domestic" duties for that matter. He has also decided that it means that I am the sole person who is responsible for our finances...ummm yea ok, maybe THAT is why I have problems keeping up with the bills. He seems to think that my shoulders can hold it all, and looks at me, bewildered, when I have a moment of weakness and break down.

I understand that he works 12-13 hours a day, and thus shouldn't have to come home and do it all. But what about a little bit of help on his day off....naw...his days off are reserved for a non-stop marathon of Video games topped of with atleast 2 hours of wrestling on television

I am starting to wonder if maybe men are just hardwired to be this way. I mean it seems to be a common complaint amongst SAHM's. I mean, if a man, (my husband) can walk by an overflowing garbage can several times a day and NOT take it out, maybe it is not fair to blame them for being lazy. Maybe if it isn't half dressed, of the female persuasion or in a video game (or in my husbands case a wrestling ring) then they wont notice it?

I love my husband, really I do. He is an amazing man who allows me the freedom to pursue my dream of working at home....

But really, is it too much to ask for him to fold one load of laundry AND put it away....

At least I can take comfort when he does come home at the end of the day, in between the wrestling matches on T.V, he does remember to ask me how I am feeling....

right after he asks me to grab him a bottle of water on my way downstairs to get the 5th load of laundry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8