Saturday, May 16, 2009

Let the countdown begin....

Ok-well in all honesty, *I* have been counting down the weeks since I found out that I was pregnant. But as I approach the 32 week mark this coming week, it has taken on more significant.

Did I mention it has taken me nearly 30 weeks to really accept that I am having baby #4? I think that I just got so wrapped up in day to day life, that my pregnancy kinda passed me by.

So yea, I am in countdown mode. I go to the doc on Monday, and hopefully will have a c-section date by the end of that appt. Normally, I wouldnt worry about the date, but with 3 other kids (one who is supposed to go on vacation with his father the week before I am due), husbands work schedule and the fact the my mother in law is trying to coordinate her vacation time so she can come up here and help with the other 3 kiddos, I kinda need to know when he will be here lol.

Not that I am prepared...not in the least. I have a *to do*list about 4 pages long of things that I want to get done before the baby comes...will it get done...probably not. But I am hoping to atleast get the major stuff accomplished in the short time that I have left.

I am looking forward to the arrival of baby #4. Not only because I am so over the pregnancy discomforts, because my husband and i have decided that this baby completes our family.

7 1/2 years ago, when i found out i was preggo with my first, I never wanted children. Selfish? Maybe, but I was 21 at the time...I didn't want to be tied down, I wanted my independence.

Now here I am 7 years later, the mom of an almost 7 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, a 1 1/2 yr old and 7 weeks out from the arrival of my 4th. In my eyes, my life is full. Fuller then I could have ever imagined. I mean who would have thought that the girl who didn't want children, would, 7 years later, be celebrating the arrival of her 4th?

So let the count down begin, let the madness ensue, i am ready for it. The late night feedings, the dirty diapers, all of it.

Because being a mom is the best thing in the world :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how you can run a blog and have all those little kiddies running around is amazing to me. Im struggling to keep up with 2. Im still in shock that I have 2 children. Where did the last 5 years go:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8