Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 year old + a juice glass+mommy's laptop=disaster :(

I am in mourning today. After running errands this morning with the kiddos, I came home sat down at my desk, fully prepared to put in a few hours of good hard work since I have been slacking in every dept lately...

Only to be greeted with a computer that seemed to be having a fit! If I clicked once to open a folder, 5 or 6 of them would open. So I restarted my computer...but that did no good. So I did what I have resigned myself to doing every couple of months....I launched the recovery. Not that I wanted to do it, but if I wanted to get some work done, I had to do it. So with a heavy heart, I performed a computer lobatomy on my Gateway Laptop, hoping it would come back to me whole and new again....

But it was not to be. My Gateway has gone to the computer heaven in the sky...I was confused. What happened to it that would cause it to have a massive coronary and die on the operating table?

Then it dawned on me...my 2 year old. My wonderfully, curious, 2 year old and his darn cup of juice. I KNEW letting him drink without a spillproof lid would lead to disaster, but i am all for fostering independance....

Upon further inspection, I noticed that my laptop was sticky...like juice sticky. I knew then and there, that he, intentionally or accidently, dumped his glass of juice into my dying computer.

So it is with a heavy heart that I lay my 2005 Gateway Laptop to rest. It has served me well over the last 4 years. It was a loyal companion for those sleepless nights, a strong supporter in my World of Warcraft Battles, a keeper of photos, documents and memories galore.

So now I am on the hunt for a new computer, since I know using my husbands laptop won't last to long...

Preferably one that is spill-proof

Till next time!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8