Friday, November 19, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide: Xbox 360 Kinect


google images

Recently I got a chance to try out the new Xbox 360 Kinect with Kinect Adventures. Being the gamer that I am, I had been following Microsofts development of this project back when it was called Project Natal. I was hesitant at first, after all this technology is brand new to the market, and is even leaps and bounds above Playstation 3's Move.

The Kinect system operates soley on your body movements. There is no controller needed. The set up and callibration of the Kinect system is extremely easy. And you will be ready to play in no time.

Using the Kinect system was a little tricky at first. But, once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy--and fun.

One of the best things about the Kinect is that my 3 and 4 year old can play with Daddy and I now. They always want to play games when they see daddy or their older brother playing, but they didn't quite understand the controller thing. Since the body is the controller, they have no problems playing now.

Kinect Adventures: This game comes with the Xbox 360 system and Kinect Bundle. My kids love this game because it takes your pictures and displays them on the screen. There are 5 or 6 games with a few different levels. They are all 1 or 2 player games.

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout: I had to try this one. I had been using the one on the Wii for a while, but the controller kept getting in the way. So, I popped this game in. Holy Cow! This is a full body, intense workout. You can use free weights and an excersise ball (for your core)

If you are looking for a great gift for the video game lover on your list this Christmas, definately consider the Xbox 360 Kinect!

Information:

Xbox 360 Kinect/Console 4G~$299.99 at Wal-Mart
The Kinect ONLY~$149.99 at Wal-Mart
Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout~$49.99 at Target



(I was not compensated in any form, either monetary or through goods, to provide this review. )
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8