Sunday, May 2, 2010

Some times I just wanna scream!

Last week blew big time.

For a little more than a year now, I have been writing for an online website. I loved what I was doing. I mean, where else could I talk about video games and parenting things, and get paid for it? Apparently not there any more.

After successfully completing several articles within a short time frame, I started to notice that my articles where being edited to death. In one instance, over half my article was missing. Now, as a writer, I am used to being edited...it is a way of life for a writer. But, in my mind, this was a bit excessive, especially because it had happened over and over and I had not recieved notification that there was a potential problem with my content. So, because I wanted to avoid this in the future, I emailed them.

A few weeks passed and all of a sudden, I get an email telling me that due to the fact that I had not followed guidelines, my account was being suspended peramently and I was not being paid for the SIX articles that I had waiting for payment (That was $60.00 worth of work)

So, I emailed them...angry as hell that this would happen. Especially without warning.

I get an email back 24 hours later telling me I copied-word for word-my articles from other sources. Um, excuse me?? First of all, my reviews were ALL my own. My tips ALL my own, and if I did use an outside source, I SITED THAT SOURCE in the sources section of my article. So, I emailed them asking what articles, and for proof, via Copyscape or something similar, that my articles were indeed copied. I wanted proof that I had KNOWINGLY violated some TOS and I would go quietly on my way...

Long story not short, they basically told me they were under no obligation to answer any more of my emails. That I had violated, blatently violated, their TOS. To bad, So sad...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Here is the thing...they never answered my email! I mean, don't I deserve that much???

Anyhow, so, after many tears, I decided that I would still push on. I would still work from home as a freelance writer...and I would succeed.

It is frustrating. To say the least. But I am doing it. I am working on finding new places to write, I just sold my very first article to a large gaming website. I have a few leads.

It is just disheartening to see all of my hard work lost because they felt it was time to let me go. I am certain it is because I questioned why they were editing my articles as much as they were.

But forward I must go.

So, I am in the final stages of getting my buisness officially up and running.

Its frustrating.

I am tired.

But incredibly optimistic

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8