Thursday, May 6, 2010

2 books, a blog, and the Chicago Marathon

The last two days have been emotionally rough for me. I don't know why, but feelings of hopelessness just washed away any optimisim that I had for the future. Instead of being encouraged, I had become discouraged. There really wasn't one event..or even a series of events...that brought this on. I think that it is just one of those things

But, out of our darkest moments often comes our brightest ideas. And it was during these last two dark days that my idea formed in my mind. Today it nagged at me..begging me to make it a reality. Begging me to unleash it...

I resisted for a bit. But the longer that I sat there, the more it nagged until it was screaming at me "WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED!!! JUST DO IT. NOW!!"

I need to make some changes. There is just no two ways about it. I need to change...and now.

I am now working on TWO books. They work together, and if things go the way I hope they do, this will be an amazingly wonderful thing.

I am still hesitant to reveal my ideas just yet on my books. Mostly because people just laugh when they find out I am writing a book. But also because I am still shopping for an agent.

I am working on my Blog "Diary Of A Fat Mom" and ask, nicely, if you could please join me over there as well. I promise, this is going to be awsome (the books do tie in to the blog)

I have also made a commitment to myself to run the Chicago Marathon in 2011. As much as I wanted to do it this year...I don't think that is going to happen. but, look for me to run a few 1/2 marathons, 5ks, whatever I find to run this year in preparation for the BIG day.

I am renewed by this large project that I have undertaken, the books, the blog, the marathon. but I knew that I needed to do something, something to kickstart me. And this is it.

So, I will still be here, but if you could also join me at Diary Of A Fat Mom, I would so appreciate it. If you are on a weightloss journey or need a weightloss buddy, let me know..we can all do this together!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8