Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Totally Random Tuesday: No Bella, Just Edward

Sunday we were at Toys R Us looking for Christmas gifts for the kiddos. As we walked in the front doors of the store, there was a huge Twilight Display. My husband rolled his eyes. He knows I have a thing for Edward (and no I will never call him Robert, his real name, he will forever and always be Edward okay?) And then I see it. In all its glory. An Edward Cullen Barbie Doll. My mom always buys me a barbie for Christmas. It has been our tradition since I was 13. So I do the logical thing, I call her...and our conversation goes something like this.

Me: "Mom?"

Mom: "Yeah, you know I just woke up right?"

Me:" Yes, but I have something uberly important to tell you?"

Mom: "Uberly? Is that a new word?"

Me: "Just listen, I am at Toys R Us okay?"

Mom: "Tell me that is not your uberly important news?"

Me: "No,But I found the christmas gift you can buy me!"

Mom: "Buy you? How old are you Melissa?"

Me: " You know how every year you buy me whatever Holiday Barbie is out? Well this year, I want Edward."

Mom:" Edward? Who the hell is Edward?"

At this point I realize just how "uncool" my mom is

Me: "Edward. Edward Cullen. From Twilight. Tell me you have heard of Twilight"

Mom: "Nope"

Me: "OMG, how could you not know who Edward is?"

Mom: " Because I have a life. Which by the way I need to live, what is it that you want?"

Me: "I want you to buy me this doll for Christmas."

Mom: " and you are how old Melissa?"

Me: " But not Bella...Just Edward. I don't want Bella"

Mom: " Again, I ask How old are you?"

Me: "I am serious. I don't want Bella, she so doesnt deserve Edward mom."

Mom:"....ummm okay, well is that all you wanted"

Me: "Yep. Remember, Edward ONLY"

Mom: " Sure. Bye"

My mom thinks I am insane.

Wonder if Santa will understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8