Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Multi-Tasking...Or lack thereof...

I used to pride myself with my seemingly endless ability to multi-task. I was the queen of multi-tasking...

That was until I had kids...

When I had just one, of course it was easy. Shower while he slept. Eat while he ate. Going out in public was easy.

Then #2 came around, it was still somewhat easy, because #1 was 4 and was pretty much self-sufficent, if he wanted a sandwich, he could make it (as well as a huge mess). And I was able to shower while he watched cartoons and #2 napped.

Then came #3 12 months and 2 weeks after the birth of #2. Ummm, yea, this whole multi-tasking thing...GONE. Shower? Heck I am lucky if I can pee without one of them getting into something. And eating...naw that is a thing of the past. Because why should mom get a hot meal when there are 3 others who need food cut up, food cooled off, more juice, a new fork....you get my drift.

Yet, I refuse to let my lack of multi-tasking slow me down in business. I work from home, although not very productively at times. And as for the multi-tasking...well one look at the mounds of reproducing laundry kinda tells all doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how to relate to your post. I'm a mom of triplet boys who are 2 years old, and it's exhausting just changing their diapers LOL!
    Here's to loving being a mom even if our lives are hectic.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8