Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm Letting Go

2010 is in it's final hours. It is hard to believe that another year has come, left it's mark, and then left. Time flies.

I have my goals for 2011 written down. I am finishing up my editorial calendar for the year as well. I am getting my ducks in a row so I can take 2011 by storm.

And I am letting go

For the better part of 2010, I harbored a lot of anger, hurt, and sadness in my heart. It affected every aspect of my life. From personal relationships to professional endevours, the grief that I felt swallowed me whole. It consumed me. I let it define me.

So, for 2011, I am letting go. I cannot change what happened. If I could, I would. The only thing I can do is accept that it happened and move forward. I want to forgive those who hurt me and I want to forget the circumstances surrounding it. I want to move forward with my life and be the best that I can be for my children. For me.

I can't be angry anymore. I can't be hurt. I don't want to keep missing out on life because I am so angry at people that hurt me. I just can't live that way anymore.

So, as 2010 comes to a close, I take the lessons I learned and the memories I made. The rest? It's in the past. And starting now, that is where I will leave it.

And just because I am letting go, doesn't mean that I am giving up. It just means that I am accepting the things that happened. I can't change that. But, I am the only one who is in control of my future. And if I don't let go, I will never get to where I want to be.

Happy New Year~

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8