Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When one door closes

Today, I had one door close. Well more like slam shut. Truth be told, I had sensed that it was coming. Even before the event that set this whole thing in motion.

Sometimes, when backed into a corner, people do things that are less than characteristic of them. It happens. That is what makes us human. To be completely honest, all it was, was a text, sent at the wrong time. That was all. But again, it happens.

Once I realized the timing of my message, I instantly apologized to the other person. Repeatedly. In email and in text. Because, while I don't think what I did was neccessarily wrong...it was kinda bad timing.

The other person told me that they forgave me. I was happy. I recognized my mistake and I accepted responsibility for my ill timing.

Well that was the snowflake that caused the avalanche. Apparently, I was not forgiven and have spent the last three days getting hatefilled emails, text messages, and phone calls. I have been called names. I have been sworn at.

So, a door has slammed shut. A chapter of my life has come to an end. I am sad.

But, I have learned that there are people that I can trust, count on, and truly call friends. I have learned that there are some people who would rather use you and throw you under the bus. I have learned that some people apparently think they are perfect and above making mistakes.

Opportunities that were offered to me have been ripped out from  under me. But, it is ok. I had to take a step back and rearrange things in my life. It is never easy. Especially when it means removing someone, someone you consider one of your best friends, from your life.

The saying goes.. "When one door closes...another one opens"

And if it doesn't, then I am looking for a window.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8