Monday, July 27, 2009

Crayons In The Dryer...

Every once in a while, someone will ask me "how did you come up with the name for your blog?" I usually meet this with a look of laughter and ask "Have you ever had crayons in your dryer?"

Being the mom of some very curious toddlers, I have learned to not take anything for granted. And that includes checking the pockets of the jeans that my 2 year wore that day.

My 2 toddlers know that they are not to take crayons down stairs. My oldest knows he is to stop them if they do. ( That failed...because 1/2 the crayon markings on his walls are his name). But nonetheless, I have some sneaky children.

One afternoon not to long ago, my 2 year old (who is 3 now) decided to take some crayons down stairs. "MOOOOMMMM he's coloring on the wall...again" my oldest sounds the alarm. So down the stairs I stomp, wonder aloud "where the hell did he find crayons, I put them all up" . I confiscate said crayons, issue a stern reminder to him that crayons are for P.A.P.E.R not walls that mommy has to now repaint.

The next morning while folding laundry, I notice that several items of clothing have crayon markings on them. I sigh, having dried them it wont come out.

Then...panic. Crayons? In the Laundry? OH CRUD!!! I head down stairs and inspect my dryer...

Sure enough it is covered in crayon wax. I could have cried.

Then my toddler, bless his crayon filled heart says "See mom...no crayons on wall...crayon in dryer. I good boy."

*Sigh*

Yes he is a good boy, he didn't color on the walls...how do you argue with that?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8