Thursday, September 2, 2010

A letter to my husband

I don't do it often enough, so here is a post, dedicated to my husband. Enjoy!

Steve,
We are coming up on five years since we met face to face. I still remember that night like it was yesterday. We had plans to meet on a Sunday, but work dictated otherwise, so you called me and said you could meet me in 45 minutes for dinner. (I had just walked in the door with Chinese Food). I got to the resturant before you did. As I sat in my car, I considered going home. I didn't think i was ready to date just yet.

You pulled up in your red pick up truck, looking just as nervous as I was. Dinner was over all to fast, and we did what most people do in a tiny town, went over to Wal-mart to walk around. It was more for the conversation than anything. We were walking through the store when our hands brushed. I felt a rush. I secretly was hoping that you would hold my hand. I was not dissapointed when you finally did.

We went back to your truck and you took me back to my car. I didn't want to leave, but I had to. Our first kiss was that night. I fell in love you instantly.

So the story goes, we fell in love. Damien just adored you. Life was good. Then we found out I was pregnant with Aidan.

Well, you know how the story goes. First came Aidan, then came Morgan, and shortly after came Noah.
Our marriage bore the brunt of the storm that ensued. There were nights we both yelled that we hated eachother. Many nights I said I was done. But you never gave up, you never let go of what we had.

I love you for that. I love you for letting me be a bitch when I had to be, and for letting me fall apart when I couldn't be strong anymore.

You supported my dreams 110% . You worked hard to provide a life for me and all the kids.

I love you because of who you are. I love your honesty and dependability. I love you because you are an amazing father. And an amazing husband.

My life would be so much different if I hadn't gone to meet you that night.I never did get around to eating my chinese food.

But I would gladly trade my peanut chicken for a chance to fall in love with you.

Each day I fall more in love with you. You are my rock. My best friend.

Thank you for who you are.

Thank you for loving me.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8