Sunday, April 11, 2010

I don't want to be THAT mom...

I don't want to be the mom that has to sit on the sideline while her kids play tag. I don't want to be the mom who is too tired to play catch with her daughter or monsters with her son. I don't want to be that mom.

I have struggled with a weight problem for a while. Granted having four kids (3 in 3 years) isn't going to bode well for the physique. But there is no excuse, no reason why I should weigh more now then I did while pregnant. I am the heaviest I have ever been. With a B.M. I of nearly 37, I am considered obese. I hate that word.

I also have Fibromyalgia. So, you would think that alone would be an incentive to loose weight. Yet, still I struggle. The pain is so bad at times, that walking down to the laundry room seems impossible.

I hate food. The thought of having to eat makes me ill. But I eat. Alot. I am also an emotional eater. So, when i am stressed, angry, depressed, bored....

Writing about my weight battle seemed scary at first. But I want to make changes. I want to be healthier, not only for my children, but also for me.

I currently weight around 230 pounds. My ideal weight would be between 150-160. That means at the very least I would have to loose 70 pounds. 70.

I have decided to share my journey here in the hopes that by doing so, this will force me to be accountable. Plus, I have met wonderful people through my blog and know that I can count on support.

So, here I go....One small step at a time

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I think we might be twins. I look forward to getting to know you. I also had 3 kids in 3 years and found myself at my heaviest weight last year (238 lbs). I battle depression and I understand a lot of what you have said above. Hopefully we can help one another in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've struggled with weight my whole life. It's been especially hard for me since I come from a very fit family...like marathon runners and triathletes. I was always the least fit, which was all relative. I was very fit until I got married, became a desk jockey then later had kids. I "only" need to lose 30, but I just found out I need ankle surgery after taking running back up last year. I can still work out, but until my ankle is well again, it's going to have to be modified. Thank you for being brave enough to share your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just stopping by from UBP, a little late haha! You have such a cute blog!! Good luck with your weight loss!! :)

    Bethany
    http://confessionsofachosenone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could be your other twin! And I just started doing something about it. I have an ugly treadmill in my living room right now. I know I won't exercise unless it's convenient. I know i have to exercise b/c I haven't had much luck controling my food intake.

    Keep sharing! You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of bloggy friends who are kind of in the same boat you mentioned, young kids and wanting to lose weight to be able to enjoy them!

    You have awesome motivation in your kids. But, as you said, you have to work around the Fibromyalgia. I wish you could go swimming, maybe that would be more comfortable for you (but of course, who'd watch the kids?)

    I appreciate you sharing your heart so openly and honestly. I just talked with a gal yesterday who wants to quit smoking because her daughter asked her to. She's not sure she can do it, but I bet her daughter will help her!

    Anyway, it's so nice to meet you and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely relate to everything you said in this post. I have always struggled with weight and made a promise to myself that I would miss out on playing with my kids because I was unhealthy or too subconscious to get out there with them! Also, I am 80% sure I have fibromyalgia. My mother has it and I have been displaying symptoms similar to hers since I got pregnant. I hope the best for you and can't wait to see you reach your goal! Because it IS attainable! Do it for your children and do it for YOU! (Found you through the UBP!- and I'm glad I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still partying with UBP and found your blog. I am totally with you on not wanting to be "that mom"! I'm struggling too, even today on the playground with my 2 little ones. I'll be praying for you on your journey and following you with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8