Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Totally Random Tuesday...

Well, Noah ended last week and started this week with a cold. Probably as a direct result of mommy needing to sleep with the window open at night...but most definately as a direct result of D starting school and bringing home other kid's germs. But it really doesn't matter how Noah got his cold, all that matters is that my 2 month old is Miserable. With a capital M. And what really sucks is there is nothing that you can give a 2 month old when they are sick. Not that I am one to medicate my child at every sniffle, but still, something would be nice. But since there is nothing one can do for a sick baby....mommy has not slept in a few days. I am at the point where I feel like I am walking around in a haze. My muscles ache, my head hurts, I am exhausted. My dear, dear husband claims he cannot hear Noah cry at night, even though we share the same room. And he sleeps right next to the bed. It ticks me off to be woke up for the 4th time in as many hours and see my husband sleeping peacefully. Makes me want to hit him with something, then pretend to be sleeping.

Yesterday, I got what I think may be on the best. emails.EVER!! Ok, well maybe not that good, but still pretty exciting.

See, in Feburary of this year, my husband bought me my first ever SLR Digital Camera, a Nikon D40. I was in love. I take a ton of pictures of my kids and we thought that this would be the best option for me. I mean I take and develop enough that is pays for itself in the first use.

Since then, I have been toying with the idea of taking pictures on the side for a little bit of pocket change. I have been back and forth a million times with the idea. I mean, if I loved doing it, then why not try to make a little extra money on the side?

Well, I started a photography blog, thought up a cute little name, Come As You Are Photography. And left it at that. I put up pictures that I took and edited of my kids but really never pursued it much further then that.

Until yesterday.

I get an email. Someone is interested in my rates to photograph a 3 hour retirement party. Are you kidding me?!? After the inital shock wore of, excitement set in. This was great!!! Until it hit me...what are my rates? I wouldn't know what to charge to be fair, yet make something for myself. Also, I didn't even know if there was a place I could rent lenses as I only have the one that came with my camera.

After discussing with my husband, we agreed that I would put together a proposal for this guy to look at and if he liked it GREAT, but if not that was ok too. Because I am now going to focus on getting my photography business up and running with an anticipated offical launch in January!!

I am so freaking excited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8