Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Goblin King, Goblin King, Wherever you may be..."


Ok, so this is SO not my finest parenting moment. Years ago, when I first introduced D to "The Labryinth" it scared tha beejeezus outta him. I mean come on, David Bowie. In tights.

I, being the wonderful,loving, kind, and sensitive mom I am decided one afternoon to tell him that Jareth was real. And if he didn't listen, I was going to call the Goblin King to come and take him away. See, told ya, so not my finest moment.

He decided to call my bluff. "There is no goblin king mommy" he said, daring me to summon this guy from the Goblin City.

I smelled a challenge.

"I wish, I wish..." I started.

His eyes grew wide.

"the goblin king would...."

"NOOOOOOOO MOMMMYYYYY"

He ran off to clean his room or whatever mundane task I had assigned and I snickered. That kid is so gullible.

Fast forward to now. My 2 year old daughter has this fascination with David Bowie. He starts singing and she is in some trance. She LOVES it. Her favorite? "Magic Dance" You know...

"You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of Voodoo. Who do? You do? Do what? Remind me of the babe."

Anyways, my 3 year old like watching the "goblin movie mommy" Every. Freaking. Day. Sometimes several times a day.

I have tried to tell HIM that the goblin king is going to take him away (while D snickers in the background) but A isn't buying what I am selling.

A short time ago, I had what i am deeming my Best. Parenting. Moment. Ever. I am such a positive role model.

Baby N is fussy today...as he is EVERY day. I think A has had enough of Baby N.

You wanna know how I know...

I am in the kitchen getting juice and froot loops when I here this from the other room...

"I wish the goblin king would take you away..right NOW!!!" He roars over his wailing brother.

Yep, proud mommy here.

He is now standing at the back door waiting....

For who...

The Goblin King of course

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!

Swidget 1.0

 
ss_blog_claim=b2f5a838f577da25f0af680a88371fc8